Monday, November 9, 2009

Virtual Asses

Original title of this blog was too long so here it is:

"The very ridiculous reason an overwhelming number of male gamers give when asked why they create/play girl characters in video games, or more specifically, RPGs"

The reason? BECAUSE THEY WOULD RATHER STARE AT A GIRLS ASS WHILE THEY GAME THAN A GUYS ASS.

Maybe you aren't following me so far and are thinking to yourself, "Yeah that sounds like a valid reason... Hey wait! WTF! I play a guy character! Am I secretly GAY?! HAVE I BEEN STARING AT A GUYS ASS THE WHOLE TIME I HAVE BEEN PLAYING WOW?! I LOVE PLAYING WOW! DOES THAT MEAN I LOVE STARING AT GUYS ASSES?!"

Yeah. You are probably thinking that. Because you probably are gay and just realized it. Just embrace it. However, if you are thinking you reached that conclusion in error, I am about to show you a test that can settle this.

Test:
1. Do you have a girlfriend? If yes, proceed to question 2. If no, proceed to question 1a.

1a. If you were given the choice of staring at a hot girls ass all day, or Justin Timberlake's ass all day, which would you pick? If you chose a hot girls ass, you MOST LIKELY are not gay. If you chose Justin Timberlake's ass... there is a pretty good chance you are gay. If you chose none of the above, maybe you are the Lance Bass type. Or maybe you prefer one of the gay guys from" Will and Grace." Look, I don't know how you roll. But the basic principal stands.

2. If someone gave you the choice of staring at a picture of her ass all day, or your own ass all day, which would you pick? If you would choose her ass, you MOST LIKELY are not gay. If you chose your own ass, that is really weird and a whole different issue to tackle. If you chose your own ass go back to question 1a and try to see if you get a better answer.

What does any of that shenanigans have to do with WoW? For starters, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. You know why? BECAUSE LOOKING AT A REAL ASS IN REAL LIFE IS DIFFERENT THAN LOOKING AT A VIRTUAL ASS. Look morons, your sexuality does not depend on which PIXELATED ASS YOU WOULD RATHER LOOK AT IN A FUCKING VIDEO GAME. No one is going to judge you. I promise. No one is going to say, "Dude, you are playing RE5 staring at Chris Redfield's new tone body and hot ass compared to how they made him look in the original Resident Evil, instead of playing Tomb Raider? YOU ARE SO GAYYYY!!!!!" If that EVER did happen to you, obviously someone is trying to hide there own sexual identity crisis by only playing female characters in video games.

While we are on the subject of Chris Redfield though, you want to know what I thought when I got RE5? "DAMN! Chris Redfield HIT THE FUCKING GYM SON! Look at that BEAST! I bet he is going to be punching fucking African zombies in the fucking face to death, like in that movie with Vin Diesel, when he punches that guy to death that killed his wife!"

Similarly, when I play my main in WoW, "DAMN! Treos is a fucking BEAST! A FUCKING BEAST MASTER! Putting out over 5k DPS with his bad ass big red wolf fucking shit up!"

Now, to hit another point I haven't mentioned yet regarding why the original reason for playing a girl character is fucking idiotic, WHO THE FUCK IS STARING AT AN ASS WHILE THEY ARE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE?! Seriously, I will add a diagram of every third person video game I can think of and this is how they work:

Can anyone give me a good fucking reason why you would be looking at someones ass instead of in front of you, who you are fighting, or whatever the fuck you are doing?

(Now I get if you are a Druid in WoW, and your ass takes up 75% of the screen in bear form... I'm sorry. Start playing from a bird's eye view I guess or I can't help you.)

If you think I am making all of this up, I have a few good posts that will provide much enjoyment if you share the same take I do on this insane reason guys make girl characters.




Chinese MMO company thinks you are either a closet homosexual for playing a girl character, OR, that you some how take too much pleasure in staring at a girls avatar's virtual ass or something.

Winner:

Koeh
"What I find interesting is: "The reason for the bans is that they firmly believe that you are a homosexual if you do, or that you like to watch your female avatar from behind"

So they complain that you're gay because you play a female character, but then they also complain that (being straight) you like to watch the avatar from behind? Wtf do they want?

With that logic, are people who play beasts/animals in games not allowed to play them because they're may be into beastiality?!?! :O

What a load of s**t..."

Loser:


Some total moron named "washu"
"shouldn't it be the other way round?... if you like to stare at a guys butt or hear his voice all day, then you are gay, nothing homo just because you like to watch girls..
(10 female toons)... would never make a male!"

^^^ As you can see here, DEFINITELY something wrong with that person.




MMO-Champion, Topic: "Guys, why did you roll a female toon?" HILARIOUS 39 page post. No I didn't make it through all 39.

Winner:

Rantus
Quote from: Specops on November 01, 2009, 09:34:13 pm
I'd rather be looking at the ass of my female toons rather than that of a male toon... If I'm going to be playing something, why would I want to look at a guy?

Your char is the online representation of you.
Would you get a sex change IRL so you don't have to look at a guy when you see a mirror?

when im nearing bis gear on every content patch i usually tend to look at my good geared char and think "yes i really like this char of mine".
i dont want to say or think this line towards a male char because it would feel a little gay :>

its not gay to think your char looks awesome or cool. only if you think its hot, then we have a problem."




Post from WoW.com, it is about half down the post, someone asks is it weird to play a girl character if they look better in dresses or some BS like that.

Winner:
Kylenne
"Pro Tip for question #2: people who are secure in their own gender and sexuality don't generally give a shit about something as trivial as what character you play in a video game. People who give you grief are not worth your time."





The comments on all three of those articles/posts I can guarantee you will see more than one person in all of them use what I am now coining, "The Ass Defense."

You know why it is a "defense?" Because there seriously has to be some other reason they are playing a girl character, it REALLY cannot be the ass thing, but I think they are trying to hide the true meaning. Whatever that meaning may be.

Something else I found funny in the comments justifying why they prefer girl characters to guys, a lot of people were saying, "I think the girl animations look better than the guys." I guess that is understandable, but can you tell me how you would know that? Obviously you had to make a guy character at one time to know you prefer the girls animations. So were you staring at a guys ass the whole time until you made the girl character? Also, how would you have seen the girls animations in the first place to know they are better than a guys? Did you youtube it somehow? Or did you watch someone else's girl character in you dungeon group? Which brings us back to square one. They were staring at a girls ass in the first place to figure that out. So in all actuality, the "Animation Defense" is covering up for the "Ass Defense" which is covering up for whatever other reason you have for playing a girl character.

To sum it up, no, I don't play any girl characters. Not for any specific reason of any importance. I feel like, I am a guy, so I create a guy. Big deal. I also, don't have a problem with a guy playing a girl character. It is a video game, do whatever the hell you want. Just please, tell the truth and don't use some lame ass excuse about asses. However, if the ass thing really is your reason, evaluate your sexuality before you log back on.

1 comment:

  1. I never really gave the ass defense much credit either. As I said in my post on how there are fewer druids who play in bear form now than there ever have been, if you spend a significant amount of time looking at your character instead of what you should be focusing on, you are doing it wrong.

    ReplyDelete