Friday, November 27, 2009

The Douches You Meet in Retail Stores: Black Friday 2009 Edition

As you can see, this won't be WoW related today, mostly because I canceled my account to have money to buy Christmas gifts for my family. I will activate it again after Christmas and hopefully it will be closer to 3.3.

So when you hear Black Friday you think of crazy people waiting outside for hours to buy some expensive electronics for really cheap and possibly getting in fights and killing people. I have participated in more than a few Black Fridays in the past years and I have to say this year was the calmest and not crowded Black Friday I have been to to date. It was so refreshing. I didn't wait in any line for anything except checking out and even those lines were not too long. I bought every present that I planned on buying for every person in my family without any of them being sold out and they were all on sale. I went to 5 different stores around the town then drove to a mall and got a couple gifts from there too. Everywhere I went it almost seemed like a normal day. A few of the stores and the malls were not any more crowded than it would have been on a normal day. I can't stress this enough. It was great.

But that doesn't mean there weren't a few stressers.

1. People that get in the fucking express check out with OBVIOUSLY more fucking items in their cart than indicated by the huge sign. Then the douches justify it by saying that they figured since it was a special day those store rules didn't apply................. (I can't trail that off enough)

2. When people see things on shelves or bins, they feel like they should turn into complete cavemen and throw stuff around when they are going through it and just leave it on the floor or completely out of its original place. Makes finding things so much easier for the next person trying to find something, am I right?

3. I used to work at Best Buy and I actually worked a Black Friday and you know all those people that wait overnight for all the doorbusters? They leave trash and lawn chairs and tents and all kinds of shit outside the store for the employees to clean up. Disrespectful.

4. A specific instance today, Wal Mart had a new strategy for Black Friday (which worked pretty well). They had to change it because of the death. What didn't work well, is that the registers didn't recognize over half of all the items went on sale at midnight so the cashiers had to manually override my items. It could have been a small inconvenience but the cashier had the nerve to tell me that I was the one who was wrong about when the items went on sale WHILE I AM HOLDING THE AD IN MY HAND. Shenanigans.

So I am rambling on now. But today was a good day overall and I got all my shopping done. I hope some of you could be so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. I refuse to go shopping on Black Friday. It's not worth the mental anguish, even if it wasn't so bad yesterday as it usually is.

    ReplyDelete